Friday, August 28, 2009

Facing the rain

When it comes to avoiding the worst weather during my commute, I have it made. If it is raining or snowing I can always take the bus. Walk 4 blocks, hop on the 53 and get dropped off 35 minutes later in front of my office at the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.

Today I chose the rainy route. I woke up psyched to ride to work. But it started to rain during breakfast. I decided to just go for it. The rain was moderate at times but then eased as I reached the State Capital (above). I lucked out and avoided the possible thunderstorms. My feet and shorts were wet, but it was so worth the ride. I looked at drivers imagining myself in their seat saying, "that poor biker, what a miserable day to be riding." But my feeling was just the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment