Monday, December 6, 2010

Summer Memories 2: Accepting the SpaceLiner

It came to me innocently enough.  I was at a friend's house while he was packing to move (Dana are you reading this?).  He asked me if I wanted this old purple bike with the detached chrome fenders.  I obliged. 

Five years later I was still trying to get rid of it.  I thought our local bike co-op's used bike sale would find the perfect home for it. 

Problem 1: I had to pay for yet more repairs of it for them to sell it.  The shop recommended a sale price of $140.  Seemed high, but I at least didn't want to lose money on this proposition. 

Problem 2: 
Didn't sell.
Damn.
I'm stuck with it. 

So the old purple Sears SpaceLiner has become my neighborhood cafe cruiser.  It is quite fun to ride, save for a rather uncomfortable seat.  Here I am cruising in my matching purple shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment