Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fun video of bicycles in winter in Minneapolis - and Henry and I are in it!

Even as a winter biker I have been quite amazed at the conditions that Minneapolis' winter bike riders have endured this winter.  They were out after the big 17 inch snow storm and in and after the many storms after that.  They got quite a bit of media attention too.  Hardy winter commuters kept up there 18 mile or more commutes.  Impressive. 

A Minneapolis woman was also impressed and did a photo essay of Minneapolis' winter riders.  She turned it into a YouTube video.  Just before she completed it, she saw Henry, Moxie (the dog) and I pull up in front of Theo and Henry's school in the Winther Kangaroo.  She couldn't resist taking some photos.  So we appear at the 2 minute mark of the video.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I am the lady who made the video and I should tell you that when I 1st saw your "vehicle" I nearly drove off the road because I wanted it in my photo essay but it was parked at the daycare with no one in it and I had to continue on to work. I watched for you everyday after that hoping beyond hope that I'd see you again. I wrapped shooting after the President's day blizzard but then I saw you that morning! Yours was the very last photo I took for the essay and it was a warmer day that any of the others that I shot AND you were the only cyclist who knew I shooting. The photo I included in the final cut was the only one where the 3 of you were not posed! Thanks for being a part of my fun, winter obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including us! I am so glad that we finally crossed paths. All the best with whatever your spring/summer obsession may be! May they be bike-oriented again.

    ReplyDelete