Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Alleycat: "I'm a Cheetah!"

Theo's favorite way to get in his daily dose of 30 Days of Biking is what we now affectionately call "Alleycat".  Alleycats are informal bike races typically in urban areas.  I have a work buddy who first told me about alleycat races, but I have never done one.  Last year Theo and I started doing "preschooler alleycats" - minor bike chases in the alley behind our house.  We do circles and figure-eights around trash cans between our neighbors' garages.  It has actually proved to be a great way for Theo to advance his bike skills and learn good lessons from a few "soft knocks".  Hillary caught us on video and in photos during our post dinner Alleycat the other night.  Theo was so fast that he declared, "I'm a Cheetah!" Here are some of the photos:





2 comments:

  1. Indeed it is. Tonight Theo adapted it - "I'm an eagle and you're a bunny and I will eat you!". Then there was "freeze bike" where I would have to stop when he stopped. He is getting into laying rubber!

    ReplyDelete